We provide FREE food to people who are struggling. Our customers select their own food once a calendar month. The Storehouse food pantry gives out 60 meals per family through a retail, grocery shopping experience. We are a private pantry, not a government agency. Changes in food supply/donations result in changes in food service.

Eligibility Requirements

Annual registration is required at the Storehouse, and you can only come once a month for food. To register, you must bring a photo ID for all adults in the household, parental proof for children, and custody papers for additional members of the household. After registering, you must bring a photo ID each time you come for food.

Please note:

  • Pet food pantry (every third Friday): You may receive pet food on the same day that you receive food, or come just for the pet food. You still must wait in line and complete the intake process. Once that is complete, we’ll get your pet food for you and you can be on your way as you don’t need to wait to go through the food court.

Low-Income Water and Solid Waste Credit

Assistance with paying water/solid waste utilities is available to those who own their home, are current on their water bill, and meet income guidelines.

The Storehouse works in cooperation with the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority for the Low-Income Water and Solid Waste Credit (LIC) program. The application is available HERE.

The Storehouse funciona en conjunción con la autoridad del agua y residuos sólidos para el programa de bajos ingresos de crédito (LIC). La solicitud está disponible AQUÍ.

Adelante’s Benefits Connection Center (BCC)

The BCC helps low-income seniors (65+) and people with disabilities (21+) in New Mexico connect to benefits programs like SNAP, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI, and more. This service is offered free of charge to you, thanks to a grant from the National Council on Aging (NCOA). The BCC works to make the process as simple as possible, cutting through the governmental red tape and getting you the services you need.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.